Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sescond Story..."Beam me up Scotty"

The post below...I told you I had two stories...I should have added this story to that post...I tried to edit the post but it wouldn't let me edit it....Jennie is going to need to help me.

The post below...what I was also trying to edit was the word blind of an eye to blink of an eye. So keep that in mind...now here is the second funny story with Cade and my mom.

One night Cade was home alone with my mom. He had his electric razor in his hand. He asked Baba, "Do you know what this is?" She replied, "No." He told her it could beam her to another dimension or planet. He ejected the sideburn razor portion ( it made this buzzing noise) and said, "Where would you like to go?" She waved her hands and said, "No, no, I don't want to go anywhere!" But Cade insisted and he waves this thing in front of her...and she is panicking...but of course it doesn't work...so then Cade says, "Darn...what is the matter with this thing...it doesn't work!" My mother is relieved and goes to her room.

When Uncle Jeff was telling us this story over dinner before the Angel game...we were laughing so hard I thought I was going to split my gut. So then to add to our laughter John tells the story of Baba coming to the family room the other night where we were sitting. She had on a knitted hat, she had on two dresses , wearing a raincoat and no teeth... John starts to sing, "Feed the birds, Tuppins .... Tuppins ...The birds... Baba toothless starts to laugh and we couldn't stop the laughter.

Life is happy when we can laugh at oursleves or others who make us laugh....so let's laugh together!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Cade is a meanie head! But he sure is funny. :)

If you want to edit posts, click on "New Post" at the top right corner of your screen. Then, click on "Edit Posts" which is above the window you usually type in. Then, find the post you want to edit in the list and click on 'edit'. It will open a window just like the one you type posts in, and you can change it however you want.

If you have any other questions, you can call me or email any time. :)

I'm glad you guys have been having some good laughs! Did you like Elder Wirthlin's talk today? I always like it when general authorities remind us that laughter is a good thing. :)

Kristina said...

I second the notion that Cade is a HILARIOUS meannie head! I only wish I could be that creative when I am speaking to Baba!