Thursday, October 16, 2008

Chemotherapy Day #1...not too bad



Here I am in my own little chair watching my own DVD player and knitting booties for the Humanitarian effort for church. The first two hours were not too bad. I could watch and knit at the same time. However, the third hour, I had so much liquid in me from the chemo and saline and nausea bags that I had to pee every ten minutes. I must have gone at least 5 times that last hour. The initial poke of the needle trying to find the port-a-cat was like a bee sting. It hurt and it was a little annoying. I went home with the pump for 46 hours of time released chemotherapy. Every hour it released 2.0 (?) I could feel a headache or dizzyness every time it was released. I have been really tired. Today, October 16th , I wasn't looking forward to them taking it out because I thought it would hurt. The needle was so long and I thought it would be just as bad coming out as it was going in. But I didn't feel it at all. Donna, the nurse told me to say "Ouch!". So I did, but I didn't feel a thing. However, the hole where the needle was located bled quite a bit. It is still bleeding a little. I fell nauseated only when I get hungry. But that's like typical even if I didn't have chemo. So I don't think that counts for anything. Anyway...1 down 11 more to go. Every time I go in I have to pay a co-pay of $329.25. What a racket the drug industry is. That is 10%. Well as my girls have said to me, "Be glad you don't have to pay for the whole thing." Okay...looking at it that way...I am very grateful.

No comments: