Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chemotherapy session #3.....


Okay...here I sit at my 3rd session of chemo...I really had a good week last week from about Wednesday to Monday was really good. I actually felt like normal...no pain...no nausea..no sleep..lol
So I really wasn't looking too forward to this session because I knew that would all stop. It's funny some people at church wonder why I go to church when I have the perfect excuse not to go to church. You know what...some people actually like to go to church. I just happen to be one of those people. John told me I was a rare breed! Besides the primary kids were doing their program and I love the primary. This was the first year we didn't have a child in primary...does that show my age!!! A young woman I talk to all the time during my chemo session couldn't believe I had 3 married children and one grandchild. When she told me she had two teenagers in high school...I couldn't believe her age either. So we were even. Anyway...this session took too long due to blood testing prior to my chemo drip...but it's over...the funniest part was when I first left the clinic and I started to talk I felt like I was a teenager in puberty. My voice changed...it was going up and down and cracking and sounding like Steven when he was 12. Too funny. But you can see I am still knitting the same bootie...almost done. And I am watching my DVD player...let's see I watched "The Lake House". Unfortunately the DVD stopped playing at the climax when Sandra Bullock realized who Wylie was and blipppppp...it quit on me...ahhhh
Okay...done now I have the chemo pack on and all the side effects that go with it...but I have my sleeping pills...Yahoooo....I can sleep like a baby tonight...so good night people!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Thanks for the posts and the pictures. Hope you feel okay.