Wednesday, September 9, 2009

August 29th Multnomah Falls







On Saturday we hiked up the Multnomah Falls. You can see the from the bottom to the top. It was only a 1.25 mile hike up with 11 switch backs...really it was 22 going back and forth...they counted both up and around as one switch back, My mom could only go as far as 1/2 mile up. I was impressed that she got that far. It was pretty tiring. Of course she complained the whole way up. But I persuaded her to walk up one more hill and sit down on the bench and look at the beauty around us. While I sat there John continued up and met the rest of the gang on the top. As you can see you can look down the falls as well. Over all it was a very fun day as a family. It all reminded me of Tantalus (sp) in Hawaii. Lots of trees and clean air. It was really beautiful.

No comments: